Welding is a modern manufacturing process that joins two or more materials. Just joining the two members is not enough to withstand the loads for a longer duration. Hence it is essential to prove that a welding procedure meets the quality standards set forth and also to ensure the welder is capable of producing consistently good quality, defect-free welds.
A welding procedure is a systematic method that is used to repeatedly produce sound quality weld joints. Various national and international fabrication codes, standards (e.g. ASME, AWS, BS EN ISO, API, DNV, AS or CSA) and client specifications are currently being followed to prepare Welding Procedure Specifications (WPS) to qualify the fabrications welding procedures. The Procedure Qualification Record (QPR) is a document that consists of a record of test results on the welded coupon.
TIS has enough qualification and experience of serving the customers through certification of their welders to International standards, codes, and specifications. Our team on Welder Qualification Tests (WTQ), Welding Inspection and welding consulting services comprise of Welding experts with many years of welding related experience with leading welding and fabrication companies. Our welding inspectors are certified to American Welding Society (AWS)-Certified Welding Inspectors, CSWIP 3.1, CSWIP 3.2 and other internationally recognized personnel certifications. The panel of experts at TIS can work together with clients and their counterparts for specific requirements to establish Welder Qualification tests.
Some important standards and codes related to Welding procedure qualification tests being used for Welders Qualification at TIS are:
- ASME SEC IX: ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code
- AWS D1.1: Structural Welding Code-Steel
- AWS D1.2: Structural Welding Code-Aluminum
- API 1104 – Welding of Pipeline and Related Facilities
- DNV OS F101 – Submarine Pipeline Systems
- BS EN ISO 15614 – 1: Specification and qualification of welding procedures of metallic material – welding procedure test
- BS EN ISO 15609 – 1: Specification and qualification of welding procedures of metallic material – welding procedure Specification
- BS EN ISO 9606 – 1: Qualification test of Welders – Fusion welding – steels
- BS EN ISO 287 – 1: Qualification test of Welders – Fusion welding – steels
OUR SOLUTION SERVICES:
- Qualification of Welding Procedure Specifications including witness/record QPR, NDT, Mechanical Testing, issue WPS.
- Qualification of Welder including witness/record WTQ, NDT, Mechanical Testing, issue Welder Certificates.
- Renewal of Welder Qualification.